Auto-provisioning for Mobile Video service
Auto-provisioning is used while you are using automatic configuration mode. You can determine if you want to use the Auto-provisioning for Mobile Video service while adding 2N product( * ) into the service. This choice is made by Configuration mode attribute.
Figure 1: Configuration mode while adding new intercom
The default value is automatic mode. Once you add an intercom to Mobile Video service, configuration mode is set to automatic by default (=auto-provisioning activated). You can later change it in device detail.
Figure 2: Configuration mode in device detail
Auto-provisioning for Mobile Video service can affect these settings of 2N product( * ):
- audio & video codecs
- camera settings
- SIP2 profile settings
My2N downloads all original “local” users from the intercom Directory. If you add a “cloud” user to Directory using Call Settings on My2N, this new user is merged with the original users and My2N uploads this merged Directory into the intercom (overwrites the existing Directory). If you now add “local” users using intercom local web interface, it will remain in the intercom or other 2N product( * ) Directory only till the next synchronization with My2N.
What is the correct approach if you want to use Mobile Video service and also make some local changes in the 2N product configuration interface
- Add 2N product( * ) into the Mobile Video service and keep the Configuration mode set to Automatic.
- Set up Mobile Video service including all Call Settings.
- Go to the 2N product( * ) detail on My2N and set the Configuration mode to Manual.
- Now you can safely make any changes of the 2N product( * ) configuration using the local web interface.
If you want to make any additional changes of Call settings in Mobile Video once you changed the configuration mode to manual and made some local changes.
- Do NOT turn the configuration mode back to Automatic! It can overwrite all local changes!
- If you want to add another device in Mobile Video Call settings to an existing button (there is at least one device already present on that button), just add the device to the button. This action doesn’t require any configuration change in the 2N product( * ), as it affects only the ring group on NetStar SIP proxy server, which is automatically modified by My2N.
- If you want to add a device to Mobile Video Call settings and assign it to a new button (there hasn’t been any device added to this button yet), you will have to manually add the newly created Ring group as a new user into the 2N product( * ) Directory using its local web interface.
When to use Renew device configuration button in device detail
Please note that that are two identical Renew device configuration buttons in the device detail with totally different functionality! The corresponding Renew device configuration button is visible only if the device was added to the corresponding service.
- Renew device configuration button in Mobile Video section. Do not use this button if you had already made any local changes to your 2N product( * ), as it would overwrite Directory, Switches, Buttons, audio & video codecs, camera settings, SIP2 profile settings with the correct configuration from My2N perspective (it will delete all your local changes). Use this button only if there were no local changes and you want to fix the device (users are missing, video calls doesn’t work, …).
Figure 3: Renew device configuration