You can specify the number to which the call should be established and the SIP account responsible for the forwarding of the call. The number of the device (Device ID) is shown in the My2N portal Devices-Mobile Video section. In this example, the number is 7615006890 which is the ID of the registered Smartphone. You can specify this number in the Directory-Users menu section of the intercom. SIP account is defined by /2 parameter in the Phone number field. It is necessary to use SIP account number 2 for the proper function.
3. Next step is to assign the contact to a Quick dial button.in Hardware - Buttons section.
4. Lastly you have to adjust the settings in the section Services - Phone- SIP 2. Here you have to specify the following parameters:
- Phone Number (ID): ID of the intercom assigned by the My2N portal
- Domain: Domain name of the My2N service (proxy.my2n.com)
- Authentication: It is not necessary to set up these parameters
- Proxy Address: Domain name of the My2N service (proxy.my2n.com)
- Proxy Port: Listening SIP port
In this example, the SIP credentials are:
- Phone Number (ID): 7615002785
- Domain: proxy-22.my2n.com
- Proxy Address: proxy-22.my2n.com
- Proxy Port: 5060
- Password: p6YRxguo
You can simply configure these parameters in the intercom then:
The last parameter that needs to be changed is the transport protocol for SIP communication. It can be changed in the same section Phone -> SIP 2 -> Advanced settings -> SIP Transport Protocol. For proper communication with the proxy server, a TCP protocol has to be used.
Successful registration is verified by the value: Registration State: REGISTERED. Make sure that the following Call Answering Mode parameters are set as follows:
(This has to be set up to be able to receive calls with the intercom)
(This has to be set up to be able to receive DTMF and open the door)
Now you can make calls between your intercom and smartphone device using the My2N service.