Frequently Asked Questions - 2N IP Access Control
IP readers presented here are POE or separately powered?
- All are POE powered, but if there is no POE you can also use power supply.
Does 2N also have complete accessories like EM locks & Push Buttons etc?
- Yes, you can find all accessories with part numbers in the presentation attached or here: https://www.2n.cz/en_GB/products/ip-access-control/2n-access-unit-2-touch-keypad-rfid#tab-3
Is the Access Commander software user based license or device based license?
- Device based, it is always for 5 devices. The part number is 91379040.
Is there a users licence?
- No, just in case you want to use Attendance monitoring. Part number 91379041.
Can you perform logic operations on the 2N devices (like do something if button is pressed etc.)?
- Yes, we call this feature Automation and is one of our key selling points. You can check the whole functionality here or you can enter here in section Configuration and tips
Vistior management is license based or comes free with solution?
- No, this feature is free.
What is max number of devices which can be managed by access commander? IS there maximum number of users?
- This strongly depends on the CPU you will have.The maximum is 500 devices, you can check here the table that tells you how many devices you can manage with the CPU you have. As for the number of users we consider now 2000 users as maximum.
You can find the guide how to install the system on your server or notebook here.
Could you tell us the advanteges of installing the access commander box instead of the acess commander direct on your computer?
- The main advantage is that with the Access Commander Box you don't have to maintain running computer managing the system. The second advantage is that you have everything installed in the Access Commander Box, you can start to add devices and users without any previous configuration. Plus there is free licence for 5 devices connected (normally you can connect just one free device to Access Commander). The disadvantage is that you can only connect 50 devices to the box.
Does 2N have integration with Fire Alarm system?
- No, we generally do not focus on this type of integration. You can check our access control integrations here: https://wiki.2n.cz/hip/inte/latest/en/6-access-control