- Open the Milestone XProtect Management Application (or Management Client).
- Make a right-click on the "Access Control" option to create a new integration.
- In new dialog box, select 2N Access Control as an "Integration plug-in". It should be offered to you as an option in the select box.Fill in relevant fields for connection with 2N® Access Commander system and click to "Next" button.
Field Name Field Description Name Name of 2N access control system which is displayed within the Milestone XProtect software. AddressNetwork address of a serve where is 2N® Access Commander installed. Port Network port for connection to 2N® Access Commander (default is 443). Username Username of Administrator account in 2N® Access Commander (default is "admin") Password Password of Administrator account in 2N® Access Commander.
- The XProtect Event Server establishes a connection with 2N® Access Commander to retrieve the list of entities.Milestone XProtect Management Application (or Management Client) shows a list of the configuration items that were retrieved from 2N® Access Commander.
- Map or interconnect cameras in the XProtect with access points (doors) of the 2N Helios IP intercoms and 2N® Access Unit in the access control system.This step is optional during initial configuration as mappings may be changed at any time. Please See the XProtect Administrator's manuals for more information.
- When initial configuration is complete, the plug-in is activated in the XProtect Event Server and XProtect® Access functionality is enabled in the XProtect software.
- Configure zones, users, access rights, devices, time profiles etc. via 2N® Access Commander's web interface.
- After you finish configuration you can see video from 2N devices in XProtect Smart Client tool - see example below.
Update existing configuration of XProtect® Access to reflect changes in 2N® Access Commander
If any changes are made in the 2N® Access Commander, such as adding, removing or renaming devices, you must update the configuration of the integration.
- Edit the properties of the access control system integration that appears as a option below Access Control in the Management Application or Management Client.
- In the General settings tab, click on "Refresh Configuration" button. XProtect Event Server plugin retrieves added, changed or removed items from the 2N® Access Commander (see picture below)
- Verify that the detected changes are correct and apply them to the running access control system integration.
Remove 2N® Access Commander integration from Milestone Xprotect Access
To remove the 2N® Access Commander integration from Xprotect® Access please do following:
- Delete all access control settings related to integration with 2N® Access Commander in the Management Application or Management Client if they are not used any more.
- Uninstall the 2N Plugin for XProtect Access integration from the computer running Xprotect Event Server.