This FAQ describes how to configure direct (P2P) call between 2N® Helios IP intercoms and IP phone SNOM 760/ SNOM D765. It is also describing how to display video from 2N® Helios IP intercoms on the phone before answer by Function buton. Further more it describes how to configure Function button for direct call to 2N® Helios IP and also how to set one of this buttons to send DTMF or HTTP command for switch activation of 2N® Helios IP intercoms. This FAQ was made for FW version of 2N® Helios IP intercoms 2.14.2 and higher.
How to configure direct call on 2N® Helios IP intercom
- In first step go to section "Directory->Users" and fill "Phone number" in format "sip:ip_address_of_the_phone) (in our case it is sip:192.168.1.2)
- In next step go to section "Services->Streaming->JPEG" and enable "JPEG Video Activated by Call" to enable video activation before answer.
- Now you have to enable HTTP API for camera, by this you will allow the phone to download the video. Go to section "Services->HTTP API" a "Camera API" set to "Unsecure" and "None".
In this step set the intercom to automatic pickup of incoming calls. Go to section "Services->Phone->Calls". Configure the section based on picture below.
How to configure direct calls on IP phone SNOM 760
- Optionally you can set static address on the phone which will be called by the intercom (we recommand to do this - of course intercom can call to address obtained from DHCP server, but there is a chance that after dissconnection the phone from the network and connection again, the phone will get different IP address). You can adjust the address in section Advanced Settings->Network". Optionally also by the buttons on the phone in menu "Menu->Network->IP address".
- In section "Advanced Settings"->SIP/RTP you can check whether the port is set to standard 5060 or you can change it, if you want to use different one.
- In section "Advanced Settings->QoS/Security" set parameter "Filter packets from registrar" to "OFF"
- After you will finish the configuration, please reboot the phone, then all the changes will apply.
How to configure video preview on IP phone SNOM 760
- In first step you can optinally change "Phone number (ID)" in section "Services->Phone->SIP 1". In default value is 111 and in the next step you have to fill this number in web interface of the SNOM phone.
- In next step open the web intarface of the SNOM phone and go to section "Operation->Directory" and to field "Number" fill the number from the first step (in this case 111). To field "Action-Url" fill ""
How to display video from 2N® Helios IP intercom on IP phone SNOM 760 via function button
- Go to section "Setup->Function keys". Choose a button, which you want to use, and for "Type" choose "Action URL". To field "Number" fill URL "". Field "Short text" can be optionally used for buttons function description.
How to configure direct call from IP phone SNOM 760 to 2N® Helios IP intercom
- Stay in section for Function keys configuration, pick a button and choose "Speed dial" and fill "SIP:ip_address_of_intercom".
How to configure switch activation on 2N® Helios IP intercom from IP phone SNOM 760 via DTMF
- Still in the same section choose "DTMF" and fill desired code (in this example it is 00).
How to configure switch activation on 2N® Helios IP intercom from IP phone SNOM 760 via HTTP command
- Still in the same section choose "Action URL" and fill URL "http:// ip_address_of_intercom/api/switch/ctrl?switch=1&action=trigger
- In second step you have to disable security for switch API. Go to section "Services->HTTP API" and set "Switch API" to "Unsecured" and "None".