2N® 2N® Access Commander can be integrated to Milestone Xprotect software in order to connect information from access system with videos.into the Milestone XProtect camera system using the 2N Plugin for XProtect Access integration enables integration of 2N® Access Commander access control solution to allow viewing events,
status and cardholder information from within the Xprotect® Smart Client user interface.
The access control integration feature introduces functionality that makes it simple to integrate access control systems with the Milestone XProtect software.
For more information on functionality of XProtect Access® module, see the documentation for your XProtect VMS and for XProtect® Smart Client.
This articles applies to following software and licenses:
It allows you to monitor events and control devices from 2N® Access Commander directly in the Milestone Xprotect Smart Client application.
For detailed information on how to work with the XProtect Access module, use the VMS documentation and the Milestone XProtect Smart Client software.
This article applies to the following products and licenses:
Note: In order to make integration active, license is required and it can be obtained from Milestone's reseller or distributor. You can view license information of XProtect® Access module in the MIP Plugins section of the Management Application or in the license overview page of the Management Client. License information on individual devices is listed in the Associated Cameras tab of the Access Control system
Installation of the 2N Plugin for XProtect® Access
If you are interested, these follow-up FAQs are available:
|Table of Contents|
Installation of the 2N Pluginu for XProtect Access
- Run the 2N Plugin for XProtect Access 18.104.22.168.exe installation file on the same computer that hosts where the XProtect Event Server service .is active:
The installer installation program automatically detects the location (folder) of the XProtect Event Server and deploys relevant files into a correct subfolder on the machine.installs the plugin in the correct subfolders:
- The installer provides an ability to automatically restart
Finally, the installation file automatically restarts the service for the Xprotect Event serverin Milestone automatically when installation completes
If this does not happen for any reason, you must restart the XProtect Event Serverat a later time from the XProtect Management Application or
using the Milestone XProtect Management Client, or using Windows services.
- Open the application Milestone XProtect Management
- Create a new integration by right-
- clicking on the
- Access Control
- section and selecting "Create new":Image Modified
- the next step name the integration and select 2N Access Control as
- the "Integration plug-in"
Fill in relevant fields for connection with 2N® Access Commander system and click to
- , then other parameters will appear:
Image AddedFill in the given parameters and continue with the "Next" button.
Parameter: Assignment: Name The name of the access system within the software Milestone XProtect . Address Network IP address of the 2N® Access Commander . Port Network port for the connection with 2N® Access Commander (default is 443). Username User name of the admin account in the 2N® Access Commander (default is "admin") Password Administrator 's password in the 2N® Access Commander
The XProtect Event Server
will establishe a connection with
2N® Access Commander
and loads individual entities from the access system.
Milestone XProtect Management
Client will then display a list of
Update existing configuration of XProtect® Access to reflect changes in 2N® Access CommanderIf any changes are made in the 2N®
- Image Added
these downloaded entities from 2N® Access Commander - continue by clicking the "Next" button:
The "Associate Cameras" window will appear - we will now skip, as this can be done later and the procedure is below in this FAQ in the chapter "Adding Hardware".
So we click on "Next" and then a window will appear that we have successfully added the integration, which we close by clicking on the "Close" button.
- This completes the initial configuration and the 2N plugin is active.
How to project changes made in 2N® Access Commander settings into the Milestone XProtect Access system
- Within Windows, restart Milestone XProtect Event Server in Services:
In the Milestone XProtect Management Client, in the Access Control section, double-click the integration in the right column
and on the General Settings tab then on "Refresh Configuration"
(XProtect Event Server
- Image Added
then reads the changes from 2N® Access Commander):
- Verify that the
- loaded changes match the actual configuration, and if so, confirm them by clicking "Apply":
How to remove 2N® Access Commander from Milestone Xprotect Access
If you only want to remove the created integration, in Milestone XProtect Management Client right-click on it and select "Delete" and then confirm:
To completely uninstall the plugin:
- Remove all settings from Milestone Xprotect related to integration with 2N® Access Commander.
- Uninstall 2N Plugin for XProtect Access integration from the computer running Xprotect Event Server.
- where it was installed.
Adding hardware (not only camera)
- In the web interface of the 2N IP Intercom go to the Services > Streaming section and enable the RTSP server:
- Go to the Milestone Xprotect Management Client application, Servers section, Recording Servers subsection, where you right-click
on the given server (PC) within "Recording Servers" in the next column and select the "Add Hardware" option:
- Wizzard "Add Hardware" appears, where you select the "Express" option (for automatic detection of devices on the network) or "Manual" (for manual addition),
and click on "Next":
Then click on "Add" on the right and add the User name and Password corresponding to the Name and Password of the activated Onvif account on 2N IP Intercom - see the picture on the right (Enhanced Video license required on the intercom) - and click "Next" in the wizzard:
Image AddedImage Added
In case of manual configuration - check the "ONVIF" option and click on "Next":
In case of manual configuration - fill in the IP address of the device to be added (and optionally check "Use HTTPS" for encrypted network communication) and click on "Next".Image Added
Use the "Add" button (right) to add another device at once:
Now in each of the listed configuration modes - after clicking on the "Next" button (2x) for the device to be added, select,Image Added
whether you add a microphone, speaker, or logic inputs and outputs as the active device in addition to the camera. Click "Next" to continue:
Click on the briefcase icon next to "Default camera group": And after clicking on the "plus" button at the bottom left, name the group in which the camera will be:
Image AddedImage Added
Confirm by clicking on "OK" and then on "Finish".
Similarly we may add other mentioned hardware in addition to the camera.
- Go to the Access Control section > created integration with 2N® Access Commander > Doors and Associated Cameras tab > click on the selected unit
and find the added camera in the given folder on the right, which you drag with the mouse under the 2N unit - see the picture below.
Click the disket icon in the upper left (within the Milestone XProtect Management Client) to save the changes.
- Launch the Milestone XProtect Smart Client application, click on "Setup" on the top right, then add a new "view" on the left and click on "Setup" again:
- Click on the added "view", then on the camera in the group and drag it to the desired window:
Further procedure for general configuration can be found in our interoperability manual: