This FAQ describes how to make factory reset of 2N® Lift1. In previous versions of lift communicators (2N® SingleTalk) it was only possible to ask tech. support to reset the password and set the device to default state by one of the parameters in programming menu. 2N® Lift1 has a new feature - now it is possible to make factory reset to default state by the user without assistance of 2N tech. support via jumper on PCB of the device. Also it is not possible to reset the password remotly. Below you will find a few steps which are describing how to do that.
Factory reset on mainboard V1
- Release the screw and take off the front plastic plate of the unit.
- Once the device will be opened, you can use the configuration jumper marked in the picture below for the reset.7
- Now disconnect the device from the line and put the jumper from previous step to the two pins as shown in the picture below. Then connect the device again. After 5 second the device will be resetedreset, if you will turn around the device upside down, you will see LEDs signalling the reset. Once the device is resetedreset, you can disconnect it again and move the jumper to its original position. Now you can access programming menu of the device with default password. Also all the parameters will have the default values.
Factory reset on mainboard V2
- Disconnect the device, release the screw and take off the front plastic plate of the unit.
- Once you open the device use jumper to connect the pins shown in the picture below. After you connect the jumper, power up the device again.
- Now connect the two pins shown below (ALARM 2) for 5 seconds, after that the factory reset will be accomplished. If the reset was successful the yellow and green diode will flash simultaneously. Once the device is reset please disconnect the device and remove the jumper. Now you can access programming menu of the device with default password. Also all the parameters will have the default values.
Factory reset by using service tool 2N® Lift1 Service Tool
After USB connection and parameters loading:
- Click on "New"
- Click on "Save to Device"
All parameters, including service password, can be reset to the default by voice menu:
a) dial assigned number of communicator
b) put service password (default value is *12345*)
c) Select parameter 999*SERVICE_PASSWORD*, where SERVICE_PASSWORD is actual service password