This FAQ describes advantages of communication between 2N® Indoor Talk and 2N® IP intercom via network hostnameDevice ID and how to configure it properly.
How to communicate via 2N Indoor Talk´s device name via IP address is described in this FAQ: How to setup call from/to 2N® IP Intercom?
The aim of this page is to introduce how to communicate via 2N® IP intercom´s network hostnameDevice ID.
We strongly recommend using the latest Firmware
Why to use 2N® IP intercom´s
Device ID in 2N® Indoor Talk´s configuration
Communication via network hostname Device ID is a proprietary way and thanks to that you can activate 2N IP intercom´s switch by 2N Indoor Talk when there is no call.
Configuration of 2N® IP intercom
Setup Intercom's Device ID
Go to 2N® IP intercom´s web management - section section Services - Phone - 2N Indoor Units and fill in a Group 1 Access Key by a numeric code, e.g. 123.
Go to 2N IP intercom´s Local Calls and set the Device ID.
Setup Local Call receiving mode
Go to 2N® IP Intercom's web management - section System Services - Network Phone - Basic and configure Hostname of the device.
Configuration of 2N Indoor Talk
Go to 2N Indoor Talk´s web management - section Services - Phone - 2N Indoor Units and fill in the same Group Access Key as you configured in 2N IP intercom.
Go to 2N Calls and there you set
Local Call Receiving Mode
- Always Busy - no calls allowed
- Manual Pickup - pickup call manually by press of a button, you must define which button picks the call(picture below)
- Automatic - Intercom automatically picks up the call
Setup Intercom's Switch code
Go to 2N® IP Intercom's web management - section Hardware - Switches and set the Switch code you want to use for activating the switch from 2N® Indoor Talk
Configuration of 2N® Indoor Talk
Go to 2N® Indoor Talk´s web management - section Hardware - Buttons and fill in Unlock key destination by device:IP_intercom´s_Hostname.
Now you can activate 2N IP intercom´s switch by 2N Indoor Talk´s button outside the call.
Directory - Devices click on Search registered devices and choose the device you want to add.
After you have added the device the Device Name and Phone Number are automatically filled.
- You can call up to 2 devices from 2N® Indoor Talk.
- Start call with a short/long press: Choose whether you want to call this user by a short or a long press of a call button on the 2N® Indoor Talk
- Code after short press: Defines a DTMF code sent to the intercom during or outside the call
- Code after long press: Defines a DTMF code sent to the intercom only during the call by long pressing the unlock button