SIP Provisioning is a feature that allows an automatic and remote installation of IP terminals connected to the NetStar. It means that every IP terminal connected to the Netstar will get automatically all settings including IP address and Account settings.
SIP provisioning is supported for following IP phones: Well T20, T22, T26, T28 (from NetStar firmware version 3.1.0) and Well VP-2009 (from 2N® NetStar firmware version 3.1.7).
2N® NetStar configuration
- In order to user this feature, it is necessary to know in advance the MAC addresses of the IP terminals that will be connected to the 2N® NetStar.
- Go to "Virtual ports -> SIP -> SIP Proxy" and fill in for each terminal its exact type and MAC address.
- If 2N® NetStar will be used as the DCHP server, set the range of IP addresses which will be assigned to terminals.
- Go to "Network -> Service settings -> DHCP server".
- The terminal should have activated the DHCP client parameter, so once it is connected, it will get IP address and settings automatically from the 2N® NetStarDHCP server. Once all of the previous parameters are properly set, you only need to restart the terminal and it will be automatically configured and registered in the 2N® NetStar.
- Note: It could happen that the terminal restarts itself several times during the procedure.
IP terminal configuration (only if you will not use the DHCP from 2N® NetStar)
Open the web configuration of the IP terminal, go to the Upgrade menu and define the IP address of the TFTP server (NetStar PBX) for provisioning.
After the proper configuration of 2N® NetStar, the only thing you have to do is to restart the terminal (when you use the DHCP from NetStar PBX) or click on the "Auto provision" button from the terminal menu (when you use dedicated DHCP server; see picture above).
What is provisioning changing in the terminal configuration?
- The admin password: 2n
- Registration name: sipprovisioning, password: 2n
- IP address, port and codecs of the SIP proxy
- Account parameters: