In this FAQ page we will go through connecting 2N® Helios IP with the Home Automation system Control 4. We will be able to provide video call between 2N® Helios IP device and Control 4 7'' dock tablet and managed the door lock connected to the intercom. 2N® Helios IP is able to send video via MJPEG codec without any special license. If you want to use H264 codec you will need Enhanced Video license and enable RTSP server in 2N® Helios IP. You will also need Enhanced Integration license for door opening. Control 4 will open the door via HTTP command.
- 2N® Helios IP Force, firmware 2.12
- Control 4 Controller HC-250
- Control 4 7'' dock tablet
- Composer 2.7.0
Driver: Intercom Doorstation Helios 2N (version 1.10.3.e)
- Driver: 2N Helios IP Verso Camera with H264 or Driver: 2N Helios IP Verso Camera with MJPEG
- Driver: Door lock
- As the first step search driver 2N® Helios IP Verso Camera in the right column in the Composer software and add to the project by double clicking on the driver. There are two of them, one is receiving RTP stream via H264 and second one via MJPEG. Both of this drivers can handle the video stream from 2N® Helios IP device with camera. Change the hostname/IP address field according to your 2N® Helios IP configuration and set Authentication parameters (picture below). Every row needs to be confirmed by clicking on the Set button.
- The Camera from 2N® Helios IP can be connected only via unsecured connection, without authentication. For this option we must go to section Services / HTTP API and set Camera API: Connection type to Unsecure and authentication to None.
- This configuration of HTTP API we will need also for door opening (output activation). Set the same values as for the camera API to I/O API according to picture below.
- Add Intercom Doorstation Helios 2N driver to the project same way as previously the camera driver. Insert Username/Password that will be used for connecting SIP account on the 2N® Helios IP. Allow the parameter Use Alternate Camera, small popup window will appear. Here you can choose particular camera from previous step to connecting camera the intercom module. Also allow at least one Custom button that will be use as the trigger for sending HTTP command to 2N® Helios IP. This button will be used for opening the door. Every value need to be confirm by a Set button.
- Now we have configured 2N DoorStation and Camera in the Composer project. After this settings is done upload this project to Controller ( File / Refresh Navigators ).
- You need to add Door Lock driver for Door Opening in to your project.
- Now we need to interconnect this Door Lock driver with some specific output of 2N Helios IP unit in Connection section using Drag&Drop.
- Next step is to program specific button for Door opening. Go to the Programming section. Select particular intercom unit and then choose the option UI Button One Pressed. Now we need to select action according to previous event. In the right column select Door Lock driver and action Unlock the Door Lock. Last step to complete this task is to pull this action (in the right with the Green arrow) in to the middle section of programming screen.
- Now we need to define some action when the button is released. The procedure is same as in the previous step, except you will choose the action Lock the Door Lock. After this configuration you would be able to open the the door using button on the Control 4 tablet. The door stays open whole time you let the button pressed.
- The next step is to configure 2N® Helios IP device. Open the configuration interface and go to section Services / Phone and configure the SIP account. Example of the setting is in the picture below.
- Phone number ID: 100
- Authentication ID: 100; password: 100 (based on Composer configuration)
- SIP proxy: IP address of the Control4 controller
- Allow SIP Registration with SIP proxy IP address
- In this scenario we use Control 4 7'' tablet as the call destination. We need to add this to group in section Agents / Communication. This group is used as the phone number in 2N® Helios IP. We used group named 1234 and you can find settings of this group in the picture below. Don´t forget to Refresh Navigators after your configuration is done.
- Last step is to configure particular user in 2N® Helios IP. Example of the configuration you can find in the picture below, as the phone number is used name of the group in our particular case: 1234.