Electrical outputs are connectors on electronics of 2N® Access Unit where you can connect door lock, alarm system, home automation system, signalling light etc. Basically anything that can be controlled by electrical signal.
What electrical outputs are available?
Generally there are two types:
- Active output - two connectors, either gives no voltage, or it provides voltage. The voltage is from 8 to 12V DC, and can provide up to 400mA current. Details about electrical outputs are always mentioned in technical parameters in Installation manual, which is available for each device.
- Relay (passive) output - three connectors, NO normally open, C common, NC normally closed. Two of these three should be used. Always connect the C, and either NO (circuit is disconnected by default) or NC (circuit is connected by default).
What are the switches in the configuration of 2N® Access Unit ?
In terminology of the 2N® Access Unit, we use Switch as a subject in settings which represents a set of parameters. Switch says what is the PIN code, time profile, which electrical output and some other parameters. You always have four switches, no matter how many actual electrical outputs are on the Access Unit. This makes possible to have multiple switches linked to one electrical outputs. You can thus set two different sets of settings for our output.
Examples on using two switches with one electrical output, for example with keypad controlling shop front door:
- PIN code 1234* opens the door for 5 seconds, so an employee can walk in. Manager of the day has a different code 4321* which triggers the door to be open, until they are closed again with code 4322*. That means, employee can get into the building, but only manager can open the shop in the morning and close it in the evening.
- The employees code 1234* from above can be limited by a time profile to work one hour before opening hours and one hour after shop hours. Manager would use a different code for opening of the door for himself, which would work 24/7.
What if I need more settings? For more complicated scenarios, control of more outputs etc., we recommend using the Automation scripts (licensed option).
What are the options
2N® Access Unit + I/O module (9155034)
Number of switches: 2
Number of electrical outputs: 1 active output and 1 relay on main unit, 2 relays on each I/O module.
it is possible to connect in chain up to 30 I/O modules
- Relay: NO/NC contact, up to 30 V / 1 A AC/DC
- Active output: 8 up to 12 V DC depending on power supply (PoE: 10 V; adaptor: power supply voltage minus 2 V), max 400 mA