Why i can no longer access the website when i was able in macOS 10?
Our intercoms use HTTPS protocol for accessing the website. HTTPS unlike HTTP requires a certificate for authentication.
Apple has decided to remove the function to continue to unsafe webpage most probably from security reasons and our developers are currently working on a solution.
In MacOS 10 when you entered the IP Address of your 2N Device you would be given statement Your connection is not private as shown below.
It had a simple solution -> click on Advanced -> Proceed to IP address(unsafe) and you were on the webpage of 2N Device
MacOS 11 Big Sur
With the new update 11 you will not be given the option to Proceed to IP Address(unsafe).
But here is a workaround if you are using chromium based web browser eg. Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, Edge etc.
Workaround Solution: Click anywhere on the blank background and type thisisunsafe on your keyboard and you will be taken to the webpage of 2N Device
iOS 14 & MacOS 11 Big Sur
You can access the web interface via remote configuration in our My2N service. Remote configuration feature is for free for any number of devices and is usable on both Mac and iOS devices. Here are the steps needed to perform:
1) Create an account (if you don't have any yet) here.
2) Login to your My2N account, go to the Remote Configuration and click ADD DEVICE:
3) Enter the serial number and security code of the device. You can find instructions on where to get these here. If you lost your paper card, you will need to connect to the device's web interface with some Windows, Android or Linux device.
4) Now open the remote configuration for this device by clicking CONFIGURE:
5) Now just enter the login credentials to the device's web interface: